Behringer 1050 Mix-Sequencer is a Legendary 2500 Series 8-Channel Mixer/Sequencer Module for Eurorack.
Behringer 1050 Mix-Sequencer Features:
– Classic 1050 sequential mixer module from the ’70s
– Authentic reproduction of the circuitry from the “2500” Series
– Features sequential switching for rapid selection of waveforms and signals in a conventional audio mixer format
– Dual 4-input mixers with electronically gated inputs and eight-step counter and clock
– Each of the 8 audio inputs has its own attenuator and each dual output has a master gain control
– Can be used as an 8-input mixer with 2 adjustable outputs or as 2 separate 4-input mixers
– Illuminated push buttons select and indicate which inputs are gated
– Exclusive-On push buttons turn on a specific channel while turning off all others to preview signals
– Clock pulse generator can be switched on/off to sequence the channels in numerical order at a rate set by the Pulse Rate control
– A rotary switch controls the step length of the sequence and can set the clock to off
– Module can be clocked externally or connected internally and controlled by the 1027 or connected to a 1026 module to generate preset voltages
– Eurorack specs: 24HP, 110 mA +12 V, 20 mA -12 V
Behringer 1050 Mix-Sequencer is an authentic reproduction of the original “System 2500” circuitry from the ‘70s that can fit in a standard Eurorack case. The best part? It’s at a very affordable price. Integrate the Behringer 1050 Mix-Sequencer into your existing rig or start your modular synth journey from here. Either way, you’re sure to have a lot of fun.
The first 2500 series synth modules came out in the 70’s and tended to be extremely expensive. They were mainly all discrete transistor designs with some op-amps as at the time op-amps were high cost. The discrete circuitry gave the modules a very distinctive sound and were used by artists like The Who, Jean Michel Jarre, Vangelis, Kraftwerk and so many more, giving us some of the greatest records and film soundtracks we’ve ever heard. Modular synths were a landmark development in electronic music and today, it’s about to get better.
Sequencer or Mixer? You Decide.
The Behringer 1050 Mix-Sequencer is a classic 8-channel mixer/sequencer. It allows you to rapidly select waveforms and signals via a conventional mixer format. Each audio input comes with its own attenuator knob and channel on/off buttons which you can use to mix and/or gate an input. Controlling and altering a sequence on the fly has never been so easy! The attenuator knobs are even color-coded into two groups of four channels which are tied to their respective master gain control. You can use the Behringer 1050 Mix-Sequencer as an 8-input mixer with two adjustable outputs or as two separate 4-input mixers. When using the 1050 as a sequencer you can select between a single 8 step sequencer or a dual 4 step sequencers for ultimate flexibility.
Soloing channels can be really useful for previewing a signal. That’s why each channel in the 1050 has its own Exclusive-On button that turns on that particular channel’s signal while muting the rest, when using the Behringer 1050 Mix-Sequencer as a dual 4 input mixer/counter the Exclusive-On buttons automatically split into 2 independent banks of 4. The clock pulse generator on the Behringer 1050 Mix-Sequencer is switched on/off or manually stepped via a three-way switch. The speed of the sequence is then controlled by the Pulse Rate control knob. You can also determine the number of steps in a sequence before it repeats via the Counter rotary switch. The Behringer 1050 Mix-Sequencer can also be connected and controlled by the CLOCKED SEQUENTIAL CONTROL MODULE 1027 or other compatible modules.
Installing the Behringer 1050 Mix-Sequencer is simple as it was designed to fit into a standard Eurorack case. Just connect the power cables to the power supply and mount the module using the included screws. This allows for the Behringer 1050 Mix-Sequencer to be mixed with other synth modules for a truly unique set up.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.