Messaggio pubblicitario con finalità promozionale. Offerta di credito finalizzato valida dal 01/01/2019 al 31/12/2019. Per tutte le condizioni economiche e contrattuali, fare riferimento alle Informazioni Europee di Base sul credito ai Consumatori (IEBCC). Salvo approvazione di Findomestic Banca S.p.A. per cui NewGroove.it opera quale intermediario del credito non in esclusiva.
Doepfer MAQ16/3 (Red Leds) is a Midi Analogue Sequencer developed in cooperation with KRAFTWERK. It combines the creative potential of an analog sequencer with the advantages of MIDI.
Doepfer MAQ16/3 (Red Leds) outputs the sequencing data both as control voltages (CV) and as MIDI events.
MIDI Out may be connected to MIDI In of any sound generating MIDI device (Expander, Sampler, Synthesizer) or to a sequencer recording the Doepfer MAQ16/3 (Red Leds) data. Additionally 3x Control Voltage and Gate outputs are available for controlling vintage synthesizer equipment (e.g. the A-100 Analog Modular System).
The main feature of the Doepfer MAQ16/3 (Red Leds) is the real time access to the sequence via 48 rotary potentiometers grouped in 3x rows of 16 dials each. All important parameters like first/last step, MIDI event type, MIDI channel, forward/backward/random/pendulum mode, gate time, tempo and so on are independently assigned to each row and can be changed in real time while the sequence is running. This enables very complex sequences. The rows may not only be used for generating note events but also other important MIDI events or for controlling the length of time for each step.
Of course the Doepfer MAQ16/3 (Red Leds) allows the synchronisation via MIDI Clock, Start and Stop either as master or as slave.
Doepfer MAQ16/3 (Red Leds) Features:
– Sequencer with analog control like vintage analog sequencers with simultaneous MIDI and CV/Gate output
– 3 rows of 16 dials and 16 red LEDs each (the standard version with silver-grey front panel is available also with blue LEDs for additional charge)
– grey 19-inch rack-mount unit 4HU
– dimensions: about 480 x 177 x 110 mm
– weight: about 3 kg
– assignable MIDI-Events and MIDI-Channels for the 3 rows:
• Note On/Off
• Controller 0-19, 64-74, 84, Pitchbend, Aftertouch mono and poly
• Program Change (for dynamic sound change)
• MIDI channel of another row (for dynamic sound change)
• Transposition of another row
• Gate time (length of time for this column)
• First/last step of each row can be limited by user
• MIDI channel of each row selectable
– for each of the 3 rows the following parameters are set separately:
• running mode: forward/backwards/pendulum/one shot/random
• triggering advance to next step with external MIDI note trigger (instead of permanently running clock)
• first/last step
• clock dividing factor (i.e. separate tempo for each row)
• MIDI channel
– Transposition via incoming note on events possible
– serial operation for the rows possible (i.e. one row is running after the other), even mixed operation possible: e.g. 2 rows serial + 1 row parallel
– external MIDI synchronization (via incoming MIDI Clock/ Start/ Stop messages) or internal synchronization (MAQ transmits MIDI Clock/ Start/ Stop generated by the MAQ)
– simultaneous output of the sequence data as MIDI and CV/Gate
– 3 CV and Gate outputs (3.5 mm jack sockets on the rear panel)
– CV outputs: 1V/octave standard, range: 5 octaves (absolute voltage about + 0.3 …+ 5.3V, i.e. about 0.3V offset voltage)
– Gate outputs: gate voltage selectable between 0/+5V and 0/+8V by means of a jumper inside the device (Voltage Trigger ! Not switched-trigger, modification for switched-trigger see FAQ). Factory setting: +8V
– MIDI Out, MIDI In (no merge function, only for external MIDI synchronization and remote control messages)
– Remote control of important MAQ parameters (e.g. first/last step, mode, event type, mute step, mute row and so on) via incoming MIDI program change or note events (no SysEx necessary)
– Muting of single steps or complete rows via incoming MIDI program change and note events
– 30 sequence memories (presets)
– full editing capability of all preset parameters
– Alpha-dial for rapid input of all parameters
– 3-digit, 7-segment display
– Operation via 8 buttons with LEDs
– used by many famous musicians like Kraftwerk, Human League, Jean-Michel Jarre, Klaus Schulze
– external AC adapter for power supply (AC adapter for 230V AC and European type of mains connector is included, adapters for other voltages or other – mains connector types must be purchased by the customer in his country, 9…12V/500mA DC required)
For devices with S-Trigger inputs (e.g. Moog) or the Korg synthesizers MS-10/MS-20 a special S-Trig cable is required to connect the gate output of the Doepfer MAQ16/3 (Red Leds) to the Gate/S-Trig input of the synth, details on the FAQ page of our website.