The Doepfer MCV4 is a budget-priced MIDI-to-CV-Interface to control vintage monophonic synthesizers via MIDI. The Doepfer MCV4 is provided with 4 analog control voltage outputs (CV1…4) and one Gate/Trigger output.
These are the most important Doepfer MCV4 features:
– 4 analog control voltages CV1…CV4
– voltage range for CV1…4: 0…+5V, 8 Bit resolution (equivalent to 1/4 semitone resolution)
– CV1 for pitch control (normally VCO CV)
– CV2…4 for voltage control of other functions (e.g. VCF frequency, loudness, modulation)
MIDI control of CV1..4:
– CV1: note on/off with pitch-bend, 1V/octave characteristic
– CV2 monophic after-touch
– CV3 velocity and/or volumen (controller #7)
– CV4 velocity and/or any controller (setting of the controller number via learn button)
– pitch-bend is used for CV1 generation with 1/4 semitone resolution
– gate output type can be selected via jumper inside the device between voltage trigger (+5V or power supply voltage) and S-trigger (switched trigger)
– MIDI channel and reference note for CV1=0V adjustable via learn button
– different assign modes for CV1 (highest note, last note, reference note)
– retrigger on/off while playing legato
– gate/trigger polarity normal/inverted
– two 1/4″ stereo jack sockets for CV1/2 and CV3/4
– 1/4″ mono jack socket for gate/trigger
– learn button with LED for adjusting MIDI channel, reference note for CV1, controller for CV4
– optical display of gate/trigger via LED
– MIDI-In, MIDI-Thru
– non-volatile memory for parameter settings
– stable metal case (about 95x75x35 mm, 1mm sheet steel)
– Until spring 2011 the case color was silver-grey.
– From spring 2011 the case color is black.
– external AC adapter for power supply (AC adapter for 230V AC and European type of mains connector is included within Europe, adapters for other voltages or other mains connector types has to be purchased by the customer in his country, 7…15V/100mA DC required, please ask the representative in your country)
MCV4 special cable (1/4″ stereo jack plug -> 2 x 1/4″ mono jack plug, length about 90cm, also called “insert cable”): Euro 7.00 each.
If desired please order the cable together with the MCV4 as a separate order only for the cable cannot be accepted resp. causes high processing charges because of the small value for the cable only.
MIDI channel, reference note for CV1 (this is the MIDI note corresponding to 0V of CV1 and thus the lowest possible note of the analog synthesizer connected to The Doepfer MCV4) and the controller no. for CV4 are adjusted via learn function. For this the learn button must be pressed and the required MIDI messages sent from the MIDI controlling device (MIDI synthesizer, keyboard, sequencer …). The other parameters (retrigger, trigger polarity, assign mode …) are adjusted in learn mode via program-change messages.
The Hz/V mode available in the predecessor model MCV1 is not available with the MCV4 because of the many problems occuring with the non-linear Hz/V characteristic. But some synthesizers normally using Hz/V can be be controlled with V/Oct (e.g. Korg MS10/MS20, details you may find in the MCV4 user’s guide).
If you want to use all 4 analog control voltages you need 2 special cables with a stereo 1/4″ jack plug on one end (MCV4 side) and two mono 1/4″ jack plugs on the other (synthesizer side). It’s nothing but a so-called “insert cable”. You may get such cables from your local dealer but we also offer such a cable (MCV4 cable 1/4″ stereo – 2×1/4″ mono). If you need it we recommend to order it together with the MCV4.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.