Mutable Instruments LINKS provides 3 utility functions focused on signal distribution and mixing.
Mutable Instruments LINKS have three essential functions:
– 1:3 is a 3-output buffered multiple, with an offset error < 0.1%. It is useful for distributing the voltage from a CV output with a large protection resistor to several modules - particularly VCOs.
- 2:2 is a 2-input summer with unity gains. The sum of the two input channels is distributed to 2 outputs.
- 3:1 is a 3-input mixer with a gain of 1/3 for each channel (averager). It is particularly suitable for rapidly mixing audio sources such as oscillators, for which a unity gain mixer would have caused clipping.
A 2-color output monitoring LED is available for each of these functions.
Mutable Instruments LINKS Technical Specifications:
- Input impedance: 1M for the buffered multiple, 100k for the mixers.
- All inputs DC-coupled.
- Buffered multiple with low offset error.
- Current consumption: +/-12V: 15mA.
- 0.1% resistors, allowing the 2:2 section to work as a precision adder.
- Audio-rate signals accepted.