What the Sherman FilterBank 2 Single Rack is:
– A powerful analog filtering and distortion unit with a huge frequency range and a killing TUBE overdrive behavior.
– Easy and FUN to use, live and in the studio
– A small modular system? YES!
– Another 303 clone? NO!
– Affordable? YES!
– Application: processing every sound source, effect mixing, expanding modular systems, etc.
What you get with the Sherman FilterBank 2 Single Rack:
– Independent low pass, band pass and high pass filters with resonance, frequency and ADSR (positive – negative) controls
– These are switchable between parallel or serial
– The second filter has a 6 octave switch, and is synchronizable with the first filter
– 1 ADSR generator for these filters with an external output for use with more filterbanks or modular systems, triggered by the incoming signal, by a second sounds source, or by a gate
– 1 FM input for the filters, internal or external audio, LFO or CV
– 1 VCA overdrive with AR generator also
– 1 ring modulator input, internal or external audio, LFO or CV
WHAT’S NEW ABOUT THE Sherman FilterBank 2 Single Rack:
There are 5 extra switches and 2 extra LEDs, and on the back panel there’s one pedal input jack. A reworked front-panel lay-out and the grey metal color.
– The pedal input allows foot control of freq1and bypass/effect switching. You can rewire an old wah (because they have a switch on board) as shown by te diagram in ‘extra stuff’.
– A 5mm big green LED indicates “Effect on” on the FB 2
– A 3-way switch on the input stage allows Hi boost as well Hi cut (both boosting high frequencies at input)
– Another 3-way switch allows “Sensitrig” (which makes the triggering twice as sensitive for, e.g. clean string pad filtering) and “Limit”, which leaves the filters more “breathing room” for self-oscillation if the input stage is extremely overdriven.
– A 3-way switch has 2 general transpose functions : +1 Octave and + Quint which works nice with monophonic signals, and has a specific dirty character.
– A 3-way switch for the really powerful and quite revolutionary “Tracking” function – a monophonic pitch follower, that tunes filter 2 to the incoming pitch, and makes filter 1 slave of filter 2 via the harmonics switch. E.g. in position 2, filter 1 will be pitched one octave higher than filter 2, but still following the pitch. This extra switch activates the “tracking” in a normal or deep “track low” position, with stunning basses as result.
– The “revolutionary” aspect of this function is that never before any similar system enhances “on the spot” harmonics and creates new harmonics with fat analog circuits.
– An extra white LED indicates when the tracking system is “locked on”.
– At last there is an 3-way function switch in the LFO section, allowing sawtooth wave shape OR AR retrig : this forces an LFO restart from the AR trig with pumping grooves as unavoidable result. If you want to receive a new brochure, please ask your dealer first.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.