Messaggio pubblicitario con finalità promozionale. Offerta di credito finalizzato valida dal 01/01/2022 al 31/12/2022. Per tutte le condizioni economiche e contrattuali, fare riferimento alle Informazioni Europee di Base sul credito ai Consumatori (IEBCC). Salvo approvazione di Findomestic Banca S.p.A. per cui NewGroove.it opera quale intermediario del credito non in esclusiva.
TipTop Audio Z-DSP (2018) is a cartridge-based open source digital sound processing and effects generating platform for your modular synthesizer.
Lush audio processing, greater stereo depth and a unique set of digital synthesis is what the TipTop Audio Z-DSP (2018) is all about.
The TipTop Audio Z-DSP (2018) has a stereo digital sound processor with 24-bit sampling, 15kHz of bandwidth, voltage-controlled parameters of stereo feedback, program switching, DSP parameters, equal power crossfading dry/wet mixing, as well as sequential program control switching and a clear display – all in Eurorack format. A dedicated clocking input for the DSP chip does wonders to passing sound by bending the algorithms in an unexpected way, a hardware technique computer plugins can’t do and is unique to the TipTop Audio Z-DSP (2018).
In a recent update, the TipTop Audio Z-DSP (2018) got an all new design of its analog circuitry, contributing to a lower noise signal path, clearer sound of the entire frequency range, lower distortion and better immunity to noise emitted by other modules sharing the same power supply. A new analog dry/wet circuit has been implemented to remove the 3db gain drop when the mix knob passes through the center of the dial making the use of this function more practical in a live application. A reverse polarity protection has been added as well. The new front-panel matches Tiptop’s colorful design, and a single printed circuit board and surface mount technology improve reliability during production and use. The powerful TipTop Audio Z-DSP (2018) engine remains the same as the original Z-DSP module and all cards are compatible across both versions.
An assortment of interchangeable cards, programmed by Tiptop Audio and specialists like Valhalla DSP, provide a wide range of boutique effects algorithms such as Halls of Valhalla, Time Fabric, Clocked Delays and Grain De Folie. Tiptop Audio also offers blank Z-DSP cartridges and a development tool called NumberZ for developers, students and power users who want to design their own effects and cards with the FV-1 DSP chip programing language. Blank cards can be loaded using programs that are freely available for non-commercial use and can be found in the modular community through online forums. With each card swap, the Z-DSP takes on new effect algorithms, changing like a digital chameleon and bringing colorful digital effects processing to your Eurorack setup.
Finally after long time at the development bench we have the new Z-DSP (2018) and a set of freshly designed cards that are ready to ship. The Z-DSP (2018) takes the original DSP processing and surrounds it with completely redesigned analog circuitry. The result is a Z-DSP that sounds better than ever—we’ve improved and the results can be heard in the machine.
In addition to the update the new Z-DSP is more affordable and comes includes with the wonderful Halls of Valhalla Card free of charge. A total a $125 savings for the customer.
Improving upon the original design:
• Completely new analog circuitry to dramatically reduce noise levels
• Updated front-panel design
• Reduced distortion improves sound quality for the entire frequency range
• Improved immunity to noise emitted by other modules sharing the same power bus
• Increased output gain improves signal to noise ratio
• Single PCB and surface mount technology improve reliability during production + use
• Equal power cross fading of the MIX section, great for live use
• Logarithmic response of input gain knobs
• Fixed display stability when cards are pushed in and out
• Reverse polarity protection added
• Lighter shipping weight
• New cards work with original Z-DSP
• All cards and NumberZ are compatible
TipTop Audio Z-DSP (2018) features:
• Effects generating platform for modular synthesizers
• Interchangeable cartridges with an exclusive array of boutique effects like Chorus, Reverb, Delay, Pitch Shifting and Granular to name a few
• 24-bit sampling, 15kHz of bandwidth
• Dedicated audio processing hardware
• Dedicated clocking of the DSP chip
• CV parameters of stereo feedback, program switching and DSP features
• Clear display for easy reading and tracking
• Assortment of commercial cards by Tiptop Audio and specialists like Valhalla DSP
• NumberZ programmer and blank cards available to load effects algorithms using the FV-1 DSP chip programing language
• Freely available effects programs found in online modular communities
• Design, load and share open source code of your own
The TipTop Audio Z-DSP (2018) comes included with 2 cards: Halls of Valhalla and Dragonfly Delay MKII.